Search for

Frequently Asked Questions

 Please make selections from the left to further refine your question.

Please click on a question below to review your answer.

Showing 31 - 40 of 131 results

I have paid the wrong account, what do I do?

Please contact us by phone, email, fax or mail with the details of the payment, such as the amount, date paid, method of payment and receipt number. Depending on the method of payment, we should be able to transfer your payment to the correct account for you. This excludes payments made by BPay. Proof of payment may be requested prior to the transfer.

How do I change the name on my account?

If you are the owner of a property, the name/s on your account needs to reflect the names listed on the property title.

If you are the tenant of a property, the name/s on your account needs to reflect the names listed on the lease agreement.

If you have changed your name due to marriage, divorce, via Deed poll or you have changed your business name we require copies of the relevant documentation. You can send this information to us with your request via email, fax or mail. 

If we have spelt your name incorrectly or there are any other mistakes in how your name is represented on your account, please contact us over the phone or via email, facsimile or mail. 

To see a list of our contact details click here

My meter is leaking after it has been replaced. What should I do?

Simply call one of our Customer Service Consultants on 13 2762 to report the fault.

You will need to provide your property address and contact details. It is important to advise the consultant that your meter has recently been replaced. We endeavour to fix the fault within 48 hours.

My water meter is unreadable, can I get it replaced?

If you are unable to read the numbers on your water meter, Yarra Valley Water will replace the meter at our cost.

Simply call one of our Customer Service Consultants on 13 2762 to report this fault. You will need to provide your property address and contact details.

I have a tenant living in my property, why I am still being billed for the Water Usage & Sewage Disposal charges?

If your property is not separately metered, then it is the responsibility of the owner to pay for water usage and sewerage disposal charges, along with all service charges. Another reason you may be receiving water usage and sewerage disposal charges is that you have not advised Yarra Valley Water that you have tenants occupying your property. It is the responsibility of the owner to advise Yarra Valley Water when their tenants move into the property, so we can set up their account. We require 48 hours ( 2 business days) notice to allow for the water meter to be read.

I have sold my property and my solicitor/conveyancer adjusted the charges at settlement, why has Yarra Valley Water sent me another account?

Your solicitor/conveyancer adjusts your Water, Sewer, Waterways & Drainage and Parks charges. If you receive a final bill, this will be usage charges up to 30 June 2013. Any unpaid charges from 1 July 2013 become the purchaser’s responsibility to pay. 

With the change in legislation effective 1 July 2013, all property based charges (whether it is a credit or a debt) will transfer to the purchaser.

These charges include:
• Water & Sewer Usage Charges
• Water & Sewerage System Charges
• Waterways & Drainage Charge
• Parks Charge

I have just purchased a property, how do I set up an account with Yarra Valley Water?

If you are buying or selling a residential or commercial property, there is no need for you to contact Yarra Valley Water. Your solicitor or conveyancer will contact us as part of the settlement process with the documentation required to create or finalise your account.

How do I know if I am on a trunk service?

A trunk service should be indicated on the Section 32 that you received during the purchase of your property. You should also have a trunk service agreement in you have one. Alternatively you can purchase a property plan from a plumbing shop which will indicate the location of your nearest reticulation pipe. You can also call us on 1300 651 511.

What is recycled water?

Recycled water is water that has been treated to a 'fit for purpose' standard for a specific reuse application. There are different water classes (Classes A - D) which can be used in accordance with an EPA Victoria-approved, fit-for-purpose application.  Find out more about recycled water by clicking here.

How do I read my water meter?

Details on how to read your meter are available by clicking here

Showing 31 - 40 of 131 results