Call 132 762 to report a fault
- Water storage
In your home
Swap your showerhead for free
On average, 30% of all household water usage is in the shower. You can help reduce your water usage by installing a water efficient showerhead.
Rated ‘Best Buy’ by Choice magazine our 3 star water efficient showerheads will give you a satisfying shower.
Exchange your showerhead now to start enjoying the followin benefits
- saves around 11,000 litres of water per household each year
reduces the amount of energy required to heat the water therefore reducing greenhouse gas emissions
Councils: take your old showerheads and a copy of your latest water bill to the following local council locations and pick up your FREE water efficient showerheads.
Australia Post: take your old showerheads and a printed copy of the letter you can download here to any of the participating post offices listed below and pick up your FREE water efficient showerheads.
Bayswater, Brandon Park, Burwood, Chadstone, Croydon, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Emerald, Epping, Fairfield, Fawkner, Gladstone Park, Glenroy, Greensborough, Hawthorn, Healesville, Heidelberg West, Lilydale, Malvern, Mt Waverley, Nunawading BC, Reservoir, Rosanna, Somerton and The Glen.
Important: the ecovantage free showerhead exchange installation offer is no longer available.
Removing and installing your showerhead
Watch this short clip on how to install a showerhead or read on below.
Make sure shower taps are turned off. Using an adjustable spanner undo the showerhead arm from the wall, turning anti-clockwise.
Ensure water is still turned off. Clean thread with a brush or steel wool. Apply 3-4 rotations of teflon tape (provided) tightly in a clockwise direction.
Install new efficient showerhead by turning it in a clockwise direction. Tighten firmly but do not over-tighten. Do not use shower arm to tighten (use spanner and cloth). Over-tightening may crack tiles.
Showerhead exchange competition draw terms and conditions
1. To enter the draw to win “$500 off your bill” entrants must exchange their old showerheads at participating Australia Post stores.
2. Five (5) entrants will be randomly drawn at the conclusion of the competition.
3. The competition opens Monday 2 April 2012 and closes Friday 13 July 2012.
4. The competition winners will be drawn Friday 27 July 2012 at Yarra Valley Water, Lucknow St Mitcham VIC 3132.
5. Entrants have the chance to win one (1) of five (5), $500 credit to their Yarra Valley Water residential account, the credit is applied to Yarra Valley Water usage and system supply charges. If the winner moves outside the Yarra Valley Water service area before the full amount of the credit has been applied, the balance will be sent to you in the form of a reimbursement cheque.
6. Winners will be notified in writing within 30 days of the draw (Friday 27 July 2012).
7. Winners must have provided accurate contact information (phone number or email) and attempts to contact the winner to confirm will cease after 30 days or 31 December 2011 at which time a replacement winner will be drawn. Per the Privacy Act , your name and contact information will not be used for any other purpose but to contact you regarding your selection as the prize winner.
8. Winners will be published on www.yvw.com.au/showerheads and in the Oct/Dec 2012 Living Brochure, which is included in the residential bill.
9. The personal information collected from entrants will not be used for any other purpose than that of the competition. For any questions regarding the competition rules, or prize draw, please contact Yarra Valley Water at 1300 304 688
Terms and conditions
Under plumbing regulations in Victoria, owner-occupiers may install 3-star water saving showerheads in their homes without using a licensed plumber. The above video has been prepared to assist you with doing so. Although care has been taken to ensure that this video generally reflects how a licensed plumber may go about changing a showerhead, neither the savewater!® Alliance Inc. nor Yarra Valley Water accept any responsibility if you take any action based on the contents of this video. If you do rely on this video, you do so at your own risk, and you may not make any claim against savewater!® Alliance Inc. or Yarra Valley Water for any loss or damage you or anybody else suffers as a result.
In rental situations, both the landlord and tenant must agree to the replacement of the existing showerhead with the water efficient showerhead under the Showerhead Exchange Program, in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (Vic). Yarra Valley Water is not responsible for the removal or installation of the showerheads or any damage caused as a result. Water efficient showerheads are not suitable for low pressure, gravity fed (in the roof) and some instantaneous or continuous supply hot water systems. Only chrome models are available. The Recommended Retail Price for the showerheads on offer is over $30. Yarra Valley Water takes no responsibility for plumbing issues relating to your property as a result of the program.
To help ensure our sustainable future, your old showerhead will be recycled. The recycled material will be used for the production of various end use products.
Showerheads for businesses
If you are interested in the showerhead exchange program for a non-residential facility or business visit our business showerhead exchange page for details.