DIRECT DEBIT TERMS & CONDITIONS
General Statement of Legal Effect
By completing this application form and submitting it to Yarra Valley Water ("YVW") you:
(a) acknowledge that you have read and understand all terms and conditions set out in the application form;
(b) warrant that you are the person named in the application form as the applicant or, if submitting this application form on behalf of a company, you are duly authorised by the company to do so;
(c) warrant that you are an authorised individual or business/company representative that has signing authority to transact on the bank account nominated;
(d) agree be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement upon acceptance of the application being notified to you by YVW; and
(e) warrant that all details as completed by you in the application form are true and correct
YVW is under no obligation to accept your application and will endeavour to notify you in due course if your application is accepted.
By submitting this form for processing I/we authorise you, Yarra Valley Water ACN 066 902 501 ABN 93 066 902 501 (User ID 44853), until further notice, to arrange payment of my/our Yarra Valley Water account via an Automatic Account Payment Arrangement by debiting my/our account at the Financial Institution identified.
Your rights and our commitments:
- When you register for direct debit, you are authorising Yarra Valley Water to withdraw funds from your nominated account. These withdrawals will occur in line with the terms of your application.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that direct debit is available from your nominated account. If in doubt, check with your financial institution.
- We will provide you with 14 days notice in writing, of any changes to the terms of this Service Agreement.
- If a payment due date falls on a weekend or public holiday, the withdrawal from your nominated account will occur on the next business day.
- Arrangements will be reviewed annually and as a result the amount deducted may vary based on your estimated charges for the next 12 months. The revised amount will be notified to you and then deducted from your nominated account without seeking further approval from you.
- You must ensure that you have sufficient funds in the nominated account on the payment due date. If there are insufficient funds, your financial institution may charge you a fee. We will contact you to arrange an alternative payment and may pass on any additional processing costs.
- You are required to provide us with 3 business days notice of any deferment, alteration, suspension, stoppage or cancellation of your direct debit arrangement. This can be done by writing to us, calling us on 130 304 688 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe a withdrawal has been processed incorrectly, contact us immediately. We will investigate the matter and where necessary credit your account within 10 business days.
- All customer information you provide to us will be kept confidential, except for information required by your financial institution to initiate the withdrawal from your nominated account.
Yarra Valley Water collects personal information for the purposes of providing water and related services and products, promoting such services and products and marketing research. We may disclose your personal information to our contractors for these purposes and other third parties including Melbourne Water and the Minister for Environment and Conservation relating to Parks Victoria services. You may request access to your personal information that we hold by writing to the Privacy Officer at Private Bag 1, Mitcham VIC 3132. Please note we may charge you the reasonable cost of providing you with access to your personal information.