Ready to connect
If you’ve received a notice from us to let you know that sewerage services are now available in your area, you can now apply to connect.
If your septic system is compliant with the current environmental performance standards, as stipulated in Section 5 of the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) Victoria's Code of Practice - Onsite Wastewater Management, you do not need to connect.
Each property that connects to the sewer network saves over 15 billion viruses from drains and creeks every year.
What you need to do:
- Apply to connect.
- We (or a contractor) will install the equipment required for your property to connect.
- You will receive confirmation that installation works have completed, plus a Conditions of Connection and instructions. You will need to pass these on to your plumber.
- You should then organise quotes from licensed plumbers to complete the works using the design plan we sent you. You will also need to ask for a quote to decommission your septic tank.
- Your plumber will decommission your septic tank, and connect your property to the new service, and give you a Compliance Certificate to certify that all plumbing work complies with the relevant plumbing standards.
- Send your Compliance Certificate to:
Yarra Valley Water
Private Bag 1
Mitcham VIC 3132