Burke Road Camberwell Water Upgrade Project
We are renewing a 240-metre-long water main along Burke Road from Campbell Road to the Camberwell Junction, to ensure customers continue to receive a reliable supply of drinking water.
The water main in this section of Burke Road is over 100 years old. Upgrading this water main involves having a construction contractor dig up the old main and replace it with a new cement-lined main.
Due to the size of the project, works will be carried out during both the day and night to reduce the impact on traffic and local traders:
- Day works will be carried out between 7.00am and 5:00pm
- Monday 18 May to Friday 29 May, and
- Monday 15 June to Friday 17July
- Night works will be carried out between 8:00pm and 5:00am on
- Wednesday 3 June and Thursday 4 June, and
- Tuesday 9 June to Thursday 11 June.
We may need to turn the water supply off for a few hours – but we will notify affected customers in advance.
Despite our efforts to minimise the impact of these works on the local community, there will at times be construction noise, dust and traffic disruptions – we will need to temporarily close some parking spaces along Burke Road in stages.
There will not be any road closures, but traffic management will be on site to protect the community’s safety and that of our crews.