Secondary Chlorinators Project
To ensure we continue to supply safe, high-quality drinking water to our customers, we are installing secondary chlorinators at 14 reservoirs across our area
Yarra Valley Water is installing secondary chlorinators at 14 reservoirs across our area. Secondary chlorination is an additional barrier that helps to maintain our high-quality drinking water standards.
Secondary chlorination is an additional barrier that ensures we provide safe and clean drinking water to our customers.
The work at each reservoir will be completed in two stages.
- The contractor will mobilise at the site and prepare it for the installation of a chlorinator. This involves minor excavation works to construct a concrete pad, installing pipes and completing other preliminary work in preparation for the installation of the pre-fabricated chlorinator unit toconnect to the water supply network.
- The contractor will return to the reservoir once the chlorinator unit has been fabricated and tested off site. The chlorinator tank will be connected to our watersupply network and commissioned.
At some sites, a flowmeter may need to be installed and tested as part of the
Sites which will receive secondary chlorination include:
- Ringwood Reservoir, Ringwood North*
- Coonara Reservoir, Olinda*
- Kangaroo Ground Reservoir, Kangaroo Ground*
- Sherbrooke Reservoir, Sherbrooke*
- East Doncaster Reservoir, Doncaster East**
- Eltham #2 Reservoir, Research**
- Eltham- Lower Plenty Reservoir, Lower Plenty*
- Lilydale/Plantes Hill Reservoir, Chirnside Park**
- Mt Evelyn Reservoir, Mt Evelyn**
- Pretty Sally Tank, Wallan**
- Diamond Creek East Reservoir, Diamond Creek*
- Kalorama Reservoir, Kalorama*
- Olinda Township Reservoir, Olinda*
- Ridge Road Silo, Johns Hill*
* Typical chlorinator cabinet at these locations
** Small chlorinator building to be constructed at these reservoirs,
For more information: