What to do when someone dies
We are here to help. If you have lost a family member or friend recently, we understand that this is a difficult and emotional time.
What do I do?
When someone dies we need to know so we can update or finalise the account.
Please let us know that the person has died so we can note this on the account.
A solicitor will then usually notify us when the property title has been updated at the titles office (where the ownership is legally changed). Once this happens we will then change the name on the account.
Call us on 1300 304 688 to speak with one of our consultants
Please let us know that the person has died so we can finalise the account. You can do this by;
- going to our website: yvw.com.au/moving and filling in the moving out of a property form for tenants OR
- call us on 1300 304 688 to speak with one of our consultants
Who can contact us?
Any of the below people can contact us:
- Next of kin
- Person managing the estate
- Power of Attorney
- Lawyer or solicitor helping with the will, or
- An authorised representative listed on the account
For privacy reasons, we may ask for supporting documents to confirm your relationship with the deceased.
For more information
If you have any queries or concerns, please feel free to call us on 1300 304 688 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.