Your water meter measures how much water you use. At most properties, the water meter is located right at the front.
Our authorised contractors will enter your property to read your meter. The meter should be accessible so it can be read regularly. Please notify us of any dangers our contractor needs to be aware of at your place.
If our meter reader cannot read your meter, we may ask you to send us the reading on your meter so we can raise an accurate bill.
- Submit a meter reading.
- How to read your meter.
- What to do if you have a damaged or stolen meter.
- Removing or moving your meter.
Who is responsible for the water meter?
Yarra Valley Water is responsible for maintaining the water service up to and including the property meter. There are exceptions to this however.
- Where there are multiple residences on a property, we are responsible for maintaining the water service up to and including the property meter, and individual residences’ meters excluding each residence’s individual water service and stop tap.
- Where there is no meter, we are responsible up to the first accessible stop tap.
- Where the meter is located within or beneath the walls of the structure, we are responsible up to the first accessible stop tap.
- Where the meter is located more than two metres inside the property boundary, we are responsible up to the property boundary.
- Where there is a private water main, we are responsible for the meter excluding the stop tap.