Access asset (GIS) information
Find Yarra Valley Water infrastructure in one easy-to-use map
View up-to-date locations
Both the desktop-based Asset Map, and the mobile-friendly PipeTracker site contain up-to-date locations of our current sewer, water and non-drinking water infrastructure. Planned infrastructure is only available in the Asset Map.
Please note: Hazards and critical locations such as hospitals and shopping centres are not displayed on this map. Please contact us on 1300 853 811 for more information.
On a mobile device? Use Yarra Valley Water PipeTracker
PipeTracker is a fast, simple asset map for quick access to key Yarra Valley Water asset information.
PipeTracker is supported on mobile (Android / iOS) and desktop (Windows, Mac) devices, and supports Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Edge. Internet Explorer is not recommended.
PipeTracker Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access PipeTracker? Is there an App?
PipeTracker is available at https://pipetracker.yvw.com.au. There is no App to download, just navigate to the address in your browser!
You can add a home screen shortcut to the page on your iOS or Android device for quick access:
- Android / Chrome: Load web page, select ‘three dots’ in top right corner of Chrome, and select ‘Add to Home Screen’
- iPhone / Safari: Load web page, select ‘share’ icon, and select ‘add to home screen’
How do I navigate to a property?
Why can’t I see any assets?
PipeTracker is designed to show assets when zoomed in to street-level. This keeps things lightweight and responsive. The map will switch from Open Street Map to a property boundary view once you zoom in, and this is where you will see detailed asset information.
Can I measure distance on the map?
- Basic measurement tools within the measurement menu allow point to point measurement, to assist with locating assets in the real world
- Measurement tools must be toggled on and off – once you have toggled a tool ‘on’, you can close the menu and tap points on the map to start measuring. Return to the menu to toggle the tool back off again afterwards
- When locating assets in relation to a property boundary, it is recommended that users measure from Boundary to Point to Boundary, to clearly display measurement results.
Can I see other asset types?
- By default, the map shows sewer assets only
- Filters allow the display of Sewer, Water, Recycled Water or all Yarra Valley Water assets on the map
- Each filter option includes a key to help users interpret the symbols on the map
- Assets are only displayed at a street or property level zoom.
- Water property connections are also not available on PipeTracker
How can I find additional asset attributes (length, depth, connection type)?
- In PipeTracker, the asset feature information is currently only available for Sewer House Connection Branches, and includes length, depth and connection type information.
- To access attribute information, press the <i> information icon, and then tap on the connection point.
- If you require additional attribute information, or attributes for other asset types, please consider use of the desktop-based YARRA VALLEY WATER Asset Map
On a desktop? Use Yarra Valley Water Asset Map
Yarra Valley Water Asset Map is a full-featured asset information system, containing various map overlays and detailed information about asset features, as well as some advanced measuring tools.
For more information on how to use the desktop Asset Map:
Asset Map is only supported by desktop versions of Chrome, Edge or Firefox Browsers. Internet Explorer is not recommended.
If initially the map does not load, please refresh the page. We apologise for this issue.
Using your own software
If you prefer to access Yarra Valley Water asset information using your own Geographic Information System (GIS), Web Feature Service (WFS) allows you to directly access and interact with our asset data while using your preferred GIS.
Please use this WFS call for a list of supported operations and services.
Please note, there are known issues with rendering geometry in ESRI Products and QGIS while downloading data using the Web Feature Service. Please see the attached documents for workarounds.
Yarra Valley Water freely provides its Sewer, Water and Recycled Water asset information to the public. Any person or group that uses this data does so at its own risk and should make their own on-site assessment and/or investigations as to the suitability/accuracy of the data.
Yarra Valley Water shall not be liable in any way to any person or group for loss of any kind including injury, damages, costs, interest, loss of profits arising from any use, error, inaccuracy, incompleteness or any other defects contained within the data. This data is not to be used to produce materials for sale to a third party, or for general sale, without prior written consent of Yarra Valley Water.