Faults and Field Work Map
What’s on the map?
The map shows what’s going on in your area. This includes water pipe bursts, leaks, areas where water has been turned off, as well as maintenance we’re doing on the water and sewerage systems.
The map endeavours to show everything that may have an impact on our customers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, or you’ve spotted something you think we should know about, please let us know.
How do I use the map?
- To view the area you are interested in, type the relevant address or postcode in the search field. Or click to see your current location on the map.
- To look for a specific type of fault or outage, you can filter the icon categories off and on in the main menu in the top left corner.
- You can also simply click on an icon to see more information about the works taking place.
- A list view is also available by selecting list view in the bottom left hand corner.
What do the icons mean?
We are doing emergency repairs on the water or sewerage system. Traffic management may be required for our crews to work safely and for cars and pedestrians in the area.
We are doing maintenance works on the water or sewerage system.
We are completing planned improvements to the water system. Water may need to be turned off but we’ll let you know beforehand. Click here for more information.
We have recently completed repair works on the water or sewerage system and we are coming back to restore the local area. Click here for details and time frames.
Multiple Reported Faults
Please zoom in closer to see what’s going on in this area. Or click on to see your current location on the map.
What does the shading over my property mean?
We use shading to indicate if there is a water off that is impacting your property.
There are 3 colours of shading; grey shading indicates that there is an upcoming water off for the property, red means the water is currently off for the property, and green means water had to be turned off to the property but has now been turned back on.
Property has an upcoming water off
Water has been temporarily turned off to these properties
Property was recently affected by water being turned off, but the water supply has now been restored
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you need to report a leak or emergency, call us on 13 2762
Why aren’t the works near me showing up on the map?
seen a water or sewerage fault that doesn’t appear on the map:
- It may not have been reported to us yet.
- It may not be in our service area.
- It may not be a fault that we show on the map – unfortunately some types of faults can’t be shown for numerous reasons including privacy concerns.
Please contact us by calling 13 2762 – we’ll check the address, and register it as a new fault or emergency if required.
What browsers are supported?
The site works best with current versions of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
Is the map information in real time?
Data is updated every 2 minutes every day.
How do I report a leak, fault or emergency?
To report a leak, fault or emergency please call us on 13 2762.
Why doesn’t the address I’m searching for show up on the map?
You may be searching for an address or location that is outside our service area. Call us on 13 2762 to confirm.
How do I contact you?
If you have seen a leak, fault or emergency please call us on 13 2762. If you have any other queries, go to Contact Us.