Yarra Valley Water


Close menu

Apply for a Trade Waste Agreement

Applying for a Trade Waste Agreement involves submitting an application form and any relevant information to Yarra Valley Water.

For businesses including food manufacturers, metal finishes, car washes, printers, laundries, chemical manufacturers and similar business types.

Apply for a Trade Waste Agreement

In addition to your completed Trade Waste Application form, you must include:

  • A site plan with details and location of all fixtures, tanks, pit and treatment apparatus with the generation and treatment of trade waste, site boundaries, north point, address & a legend showing fixture numbers, description of fixtures and treatment apparatus including the capacity in litres.
  • A flow diagram / treatment apparatus schematic clearly labelling the treatment apparatus (and its capacity in litres), dimensions, sample points & discharge points.
  • The treatment apparatus drawing(s).
  • Treatment apparatus specifications sheets.
  • Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for any chemicals used in your processes that may enter the sewer.  MSDS' cannot be more than 5 years old.

Please note incomplete applications may be delayed or returned requesting additional information.

Once you have completed and submitted your application form, a member of the team will be in touch to discuss your application as well as any further steps required.

For assistance with completing your Trade Waste application form, call us on 1300 771 865 or email [email protected].

Application forms are available as PDF downloads.

Trade Waste Industrial Application Form

Trade Waste Food Business Application Form

What happens next

We will provide a response to all applications for a Trade Waste Agreement within 10 business days of receiving the application advising:

  • whether the application has been accepted or rejected, or accepted with amendments; or
  • if a longer period is required to assess the application, when a decision will be made and an explanation for requesting a longer period; or
  • if further information is required to enable a full assessment and what further information must be provided by the applicant.