Yarra Valley Water


I am a home owner

If you’re buying or selling a property in the Yarra Valley Water area, you don't need to let us know.

Your solicitor or conveyancer will create a new account if you’re moving into a property. Equally, if you are moving out it is your solicitor or conveyancer who will finalise your account. 

Water and sewerage services are never switched off. You don’t need to contact us to have your water connected. 

Once you’ve received your first bill, you can update your payment methods or switch to email bills with Yarra Valley Online Water.

The settlement process when you’re moving out

Simple points for you to know:

  1. Your solicitor or conveyancer will request a Water Information Statement from Yarra Valley Water including water and sewerage information about your property. That statement will include any outstanding charges that are payable at settlement.
  2. We won’t send you a final bill. We will transfer the responsibility of the account and any unpaid charges to the new owner as part of the settlement process.
  3. Your solicitor or conveyancer will incorporate any unpaid charges into the property settlement.

A word of advice

While you are not obliged to have a special meter reading before settlement, we strongly recommend that your solicitor or conveyancer obtains a reading. With this final reading you can ensure that the final sale amount is based on the amount of water you have actually used, instead of an estimate. Of course, you need to make sure the meter reader is able to access the property to do this special meter reading.

Close menu