Direct Debit Terms and Conditions
Version 2: Published 2 August 2021
These terms and conditions will be effective from 6 September 2021.
- When you register for direct debit, you are authorising Yarra Valley Water to withdraw funds from your nominated bank account or credit card when your bill payment or when your SmoothPay payment arrangement instalment is due.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that direct debit is available from your nominated account. If in doubt, check with your financial institution.
- If a payment due date falls on a weekend or public holiday, your nominated account will be debited on the next business day.
- You must ensure that you have sufficient funds in your nominated account on the payment due date.
- If a payment is declined, we may charge you a dishonour fee. You may also be charged additional fees by your financial institution.
- If a payment is declined and Yarra Valley Water determine that no further payments can be deducted from your nominated account, we will cancel your direct debit arrangements, including any SmoothPay payment arrangements. We will notify you when this occurs, and you will be required to make an alternative payment.
- If a payment is declined and Yarra Valley Water determine that further payments can be deducted from your nominated account, the direct debit arrangement will remain in place and
- If you are paying via direct debit on your bill due date, we will reattempt payment after 8 business days, or
- If you have a SmoothPay direct debit payment arrangement, we will not reattempt your missed instalment, and you will need to pay the missed instalment using an alternative payment method.
- If you have a SmoothPay direct debit payment arrangement and miss two instalments, your SmoothPay direct debit payment arrangement will be automatically cancelled, and any outstanding amounts will be payable in full immediately.
- You are required to provide us with notice as follows if you want to defer, alter, suspend, stop or cancel your direct debit arrangement or your direct debit payments:
- 1 business day if your direct debit arrangement is via credit card
- 3 business days if your direct debit arrangement is via bank account
You can make any changes to your payment details online at yvw.com.au/online
- If you believe a withdrawal has been processed incorrectly, contact us immediately. We will investigate the matter within 10 business days and where necessary credit your account.
- All your customer information will be kept confidential, except for information required by your financial institution to initiate the withdrawal from your nominated account.
- We will provide 14 days notice of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.