Arrange and Save Direct Debit Terms and Conditions
Version 1: Published 2 August 2021
These terms and conditions will be effective from 6 September 2021.
- An Arrange and Save payment arrangement is a short-term payment arrangement designed to assist you in paying your Yarra Valley Water account debt.
- The arrangement is for a period of twelve months or less. When the arrangement ends, you will need to contact Yarra Valley Water to discuss a new arrangement.
- To assist with your account debt, Yarra Valley Water will apply a credit to your account, equal to one instalment amount, after five consecutive payments are made on time and in full.
- When you register for Arrange & Save direct debit, you are authorising Yarra Valley Water to withdraw funds from your nominated bank account or credit card when the payment arrangement instalments are due.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that direct debit is available from your nominated account. If in doubt, check with your financial institution.
- If a payment due date falls on a weekend or public holiday, your nominated account will be debited on the next business day.
- You must ensure that you have sufficient funds in your nominated account on the payment due date to ensure the payment is not declined.
- If a payment is declined and Yarra Valley Water determine that no further payments can be deducted from your nominated account, we will cancel your Arrange & Save direct debit arrangement. We will notify you when this occurs, and you will be required to make an alternative payment.
- If a payment is declined and Yarra Valley Water determine that further payments can be deducted from your nominated account, the arrangement will remain in place and:
- You will be required to make payment for the missed instalment/s, and
- We will continue to direct debit future instalments on the due dates.
- You are required to provide us with notice as follows if you want to defer, alter, suspend, stop or cancel your direct debit arrangement or your direct debit payments:
- 1 business day if your direct debit arrangement is via credit card
- 3 business days if your direct debit arrangement is via bank account.
This can be done by calling us on 1800 637 316.
- If you believe a withdrawal has been processed incorrectly, contact us immediately. We will investigate the matter within 10 business days and where necessary credit your account.
- All your customer information will be kept confidential, except for information required by your financial institution to initiate the withdrawal from your nominated account.
We will provide 14 days notice of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.