Who to contact?
With severe weather, it’s important to know who to contact when issues arise.
Here’s a quick overview:
- We manage infrastructure supplying water and removing sewage. To check if an issue with water or sewer infrastructure or a spill has been reported you can check our faults map on faults.yvw.com.au. If it hasn’t been reported yet you can contact us on 13 27 62, day or night.
- Local councils manage the local drainage network, including street gutters and storm water drains.
- Melbourne Water maintains the stormwater infrastructure that connects with rivers, creeks and bays. You can contact them on 13 17 22.
- Residents are advised to pay attention to flood warnings issued by the Bureau of Meteorology and can access current emergency information by calling the Vic Emergency Hotline on 1800 226 226.
- For emergency response to floodwaters the community can call the Victoria State Emergency Service on 13 25 00 and for life-threatening emergencies call Triple Zero (000).
- Property owners are responsible for drainage systems on their property such as roof gutters, downpipes and pipelines, which generally connect to council drains.
Please take care and keep the safety of yourself and your loved ones top of mind.