Community Housing Retrofit Program
Are you a not-for-profit organisation providing community housing?
If you own or are responsible for the maintenance of the property, you may be eligible to participate in the Community Housing Retrofit Program (CHRP).
This program helps save water and reduce water bills by identifying and repairing leaks and the replacement of inefficient fixtures and fittings.
The CHRP is proudly offered by Greater Western Water, South East Water and Yarra Valley Water in partnership with the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
How it works
- Yarra Valley Water (YVW) engages their contracted plumber to conduct a water audit of the property to identify any leaks or inefficient fixtures or fittings.
- The plumber will contact the NFP Organisation to determine a mutually suitable time attend the property to conduct a water audit.
- The plumber will provide YVW with a report on the property along with a quote of any required works.
- YVW will determine works to be completed and will advise NFP Organisation of proposed upgrades.
- Plumber will contact the NFP Organisation to arrange a suitable time to conduct the works.
- YVW will provide the NFP Organisation with details of the works completed along with any warranties or Certificates of Compliance.
- YVW will cover the cost of the plumber and goods supplied up to the amount of $12,000 per property. Only works authorised by YVW will be covered.
What may be covered
- Water audit
- Showerhead replacement to a 3 star WELS rated
- Repair or replacement of toilet suite to dual-flush 3 star WELS rated
- Hot water recirculators
- Repair or replacement of Leaking taps, flow control devices or pipes
- Leak detection test
- Evaporative cooler – repair or service
- Hot water service – repair or replacement
- Flow monitoring devices for homes for leakage control
- Plumbing works associated with repair, installation or alteration for water efficiency
- In instances where the landlord supplies the use of a communal washing machine and or dishwasher these may be upgraded to more water and energy efficient washing machine (WELS* 4.5 star water, 4 star energy) and/or dishwasher (WELS* 4 star water, 4 star energy)
How to apply
If you think your organisation is eligible to participate, please complete the application form and a member of our team will be in contact with you within 7 business days.