985 Plenty Road Sewerage Project
Yarra Valley Water is constructing 650m of sewerage infrastructure to support the growth of communities in South Morang.
The new sewer will collect, and transfer sewage flows from future residential developments between 955 to 985 Plenty Road, bounded by Plenty Road to the east and the Morang rail corridor to the west.
The new pipe will be constructed along Vincent Drive between Songbird Crescent and the rail reserve. The other section will be within the future development area along Plenty Road. This sewer will discharge into the Metropolitan gravity sewer system.
Construction will occur along the nature strip of Vincent Drive. Our pipe alignment will pass through Council and developer-owned land.
The construction of the sewer will include a combination of open cut excavation and trenchless construction methods. The project involves:
- Approximately 650m of sewer.
- Constructing new sewer maintenance structures.
Key project milestones include:
- Construction commences – Late June 2019
- Construction completed – December 2019
Details of work hours will be provided closer to the construction start date.
We will work with the contractor to minimise the impact of these important works on the community. During the construction period, impacts may include:
- Construction noise such as truck engines, machinery, excavation and associated construction activities.
- Vibration is expected to be minimal but may be noticed in close proximity to the excavation and the shaft sites. We will be monitoring vibration levels.
- Dust may result from our excavation activities during dry weather, however we will be managing this in accordance with Environment Protection Authority (EPA) Victoria guidelines through the use of water trucks and reduced speed limits.
- Vehicle traffic will be increased due to the amount of trucks in the area, and a traffic management plan will be in effect throughout the works.