Direct debit by credit card terms and conditions
Terms & conditions: Direct Debit by credit card
- When you register for direct debit, you are authorising Yarra Valley Water to withdraw funds from your nominated credit card when payment is due on your account.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that direct debit is available from your nominated credit card. If in doubt, check with your financial institution.
- We will provide you with 14 days’ notice in writing, of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
- If a payment due date falls on a weekend or public holiday, the withdrawal from your nominated account will occur on the next business day.
- You must ensure that you have sufficient funds in the nominated credit card account on the payment due date. If there are insufficient funds, your financial institution may charge you a fee. We will contact you to arrange an alternative payment and may pass on any additional processing costs.
- You are required to provide us with one business days’ notice of any deferment, alteration, suspension, stoppage or cancellation of your direct debit arrangement. This can be done by writing to us, calling us on 1300 304 688 or by emailing us at [email protected]
- If you believe a withdrawal has been processed incorrectly, contact us immediately. We will investigate the matter and where necessary credit your account within 10 business days.
- All customer information you provide to us will be kept confidential, except for information required by your financial institution to initiate the withdrawal from your nominated account.