Craigieburn to Epping Sewage Transfer Project
We’ve upgraded part of our sewerage network in Craigieburn, Wollert and Epping to ensure a reliable sewerage service for people in Melbourne’s growing northern suburbs.
These sewerage network upgrades will:
- help reduce the likelihood of sewage spills during large storms
- improve the efficiency of the network
- allow more flexibility in our network to accommodate for growth in the northern suburbs
- enable us to produce more recycled water.
This project involves:
- building new dosing stations at our Craigieburn and Aurora hubs to reduce odours and pipe corrosion
- improving our Aurora and Craigieburn sewage treatment and transfer facilities to increase their capacity to receive more sewage
- closing our Cotters Road pump station to make our network more efficient.
The project started in mid-April 2021 and will be finished late 2022.
If you have any questions or feedback about this project, please contact the project manager, Leon Holewa on 9872 1470.