What it can be used for
Recycled water is safe to use.
The water is treated to make it safe for many uses as it is odourless and looks like drinking water.
Class A Recycled Water is delivered through a separate pipe system into your property. It has been treated to a standard that makes it safe to come into direct contact with and is suitable to use for:
- Washing clothes
- Flushing toilets (excluding bidets)
- Vehicle washing
- Garden use including vegetables
- Filling water features and ornamental ponds.
Class A recycled water is produced from water that is discharged from your home’s shower, toilet, sink and washing machine, so it is not suitable for:
- Cooking, food preparation or other kitchen use
- Showering and bathing (including bidets)
- Evaporative coolers
- Indoor house cleaning
- Swimming pools or spas
- Children’s slip and slides or water toys.
Class A recycled water is produced according to strict guidelines developed by EPA Victoria and the Department of Health. Read about the classifications.